MP3音檔 (按右鍵可下載聽):
http://static.iyuba.com/sounds/minutes/591.mp3
中英文稿:
Hello everyone, I’m Li. Welcome to the English We Speak. With me today is Rob.
大家好,我是李。歡迎收聽地道英語。今天和我一起的是羅布。
Hello everyone.
大家好。
Rob, you look worried, what’s on your mind?
羅布,你看上去憂心忡忡的,在想什麼呢?
Oh, I’m just concerned about a good friend. He’s been asking me for advice about saving money.
噢,我在擔心一個好朋友呢。他讓我給他一些關於存錢的建議。
Well that’s very kind of you, but does he have a problem?
你人真是太好啦,他在這方面有什麼問題嗎?
He’s one of those people that just can’t save money. Every time he gets paid he goes out and spends it all.
他是那種存不下錢的人。每次一發工資,他就會出去,把錢全花光。
I’ve heard of people like that. I’d say that money burns a hole in his pocket.
我聽說過這種人。我會說他花錢如流水。
That’s exactly right, money does burn a hole in his pocket. Whenever he has money he has to spend it.
完全正確,他確實花錢如流水。不論什麼時候,只要有錢,就一定得花掉。
That’s the phrase for the English We Speak today. Let’s hear some examples of how people use it.
這就是今天地道英語要學的習語。讓我們來聽幾個例子,看看人們是怎麼用這個習語的吧。
Why have you never got any money?
為什麼你總是沒錢呢?
Well, I have a bad habit of spending my money as soon as I get it. Money burns a hole in my pocket.
嗯,我有個壞習慣,只要一有錢就會花掉。我花錢如流水啊。
I find saving money so difficult. I like to buy the latest gadgets.
我發現存錢太難了。我喜歡買最新款的小玩意兒。
The trouble with you is that money burns a hole in your pocket.
你的問題是你總是花錢如流水。
I also have a friend who is tempted to spend every penny.
我有個朋友,也總是忍不住花掉每一分錢。
Well, the phrase can also be used in a slightly different way.
這個習語還有另外一種使用方式,與上一種稍有不同。
What way?
什麼方式?
If something unexpected costs a lot of money, you can also say ’it’s burnt a hole in your pocket’. Let’s hear an example.
如果一些意想不到的東西要花掉很多錢,你可以說“這真是太燒錢了”。讓我們來聽一個例子吧。
My daughter is getting married next year.
我女兒明年就要結婚了。
Oh that’s fantastic news.
噢,這真是個極好的消息。
Yes, it is. But I think the cost of the wedding will burn a hole in my pocket.
是啊。但辦婚禮真是太燒錢了。
You’d better start saving money now for your daughter.
你最好從現在就開始為你女兒存錢。
Yes, that’s right. Well, unless, of course, she marries a rich guy.
是的,你說得對。嗯,除非,當然,她要嫁給一個有錢人。
Well, fingers crossed. You still look worried Rob. Are you thinking about your friend or your daughter?
好吧,為她祈禱。你看上去還是很憂慮啊,羅布。你是在想你的朋友還是你的女兒呢?
Oh, I’m thinking about friend. I think he might need professional help.
噢,我在想我朋友。我覺得他可能需要專業性的説明。
Or maybe he needs a girlfriend, someone who can stop him spending.
也許他需要一個女朋友,來阻止他花錢。
No. I think that will just make him spend even more.
不。我覺得這會讓他花錢更厲害。
I know, I was only joking. Bye.
我知道,我只是在開玩笑啦。再見。
Bye bye.
再見!
➟➟➟➟➟➟➟➟➟➟➟➟➟➟➟➟➟➟➟➟➟➟➟➟➟➟
留言列表